Important amendments to CPR
Thanks to Gordon Exall for spotting The Civil Procedure (Amendment No. 4) Rules 2015 which were laid before Parliament on 24 July. The SI can be found here: www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/1569/pdfs/uksi_20151569_en.pdf.
The explanatory notes are copied here:
“These Rules amend the Civil Procedure Rules 1998 (S.I. 1998/3132) by—
- amending rule 3.1 (court’s general powers of management) to make it clear that the court’s powers include hearing an Early Neutral Evaluation;
- inserting a new rule 3.1A making provision for the way in which the court is to approach case management in a case where at least one of the parties is unrepresented;
- inserting in Part 5 a cross-reference to provisions which disapply, or apply with modifications, provisions in that Part about access to court documents;
- amending rule 7.4 to ensure that the claimant not only serves particulars of claim on the defendant, but also files them;
- amending rule 47.6 to alter requirements for the commencement of detailed assessment proceedings;
- inserting a new rule 52.15B covering appeals in planning statutory reviews; and
- inserting a new Part 63A to introduce a new specialist list called the Financial List, to handle the more complex and important financial markets cases.”
Should you have any costs queries, contact us on 01900 385 285 or email Richard.email@example.com.